Is that though idiots may constantly bug and irritate you, they never know if you have kept a log of the conversation.
Ever since meeting such people in the online world, I have always deployed my trusty notepad after every particularly interesting conversation. I know MSN has a save log function, but it is a pain to read and quote from.
Maybe I am rather crafty to do this, but well, anyone can save their own logs too. Moreover intellectual property is not an issue because half or more of the conversation was written by myself. And trust me, the idiots I have met so far have more under-handed means under their sleeves than I can ever think up. The latest idiot is not an exception.
I suppose for every speck of (supposed) outwardly beauty, we give up a bit of inwardly sense. Whilst this may sound like a rather jealous statement, in-depth psychological studies into the sociology of human behaviour - Social Cognitive Theory - prove my point, and I would much rather have wisdom than beauty, because beauty without wisdom is in the same league as power that corrupts.
I guess, inevitably, beauty without wisdom leads to a thirst for power that by foolish nature, the 'beauty' is unable to understand or fathom completely. Power is then perceived as a magic wand to such perverted minds, who attempt to use power as a tool for popularity, which to the unwise, is far more covetted than power will ever be, because popularity is an extremely shallow concept and can be easily understood whilst power is a deep and complex concept built through a web of causal relationships.
Knowing this, I have decidedly taken a back seat in most matters concerning such people, save where they directly concern myself. At every confrontation, I have noticed the same patterns again and again, ie. Reference to previous un-related incidences in a bid to confuse issues, Reference to possible abuse of authority in a bid to deflect responsibility, Reference to people who do not matter to provide a mirage of authority, etc.
Well, seen in another perspective, perhaps this is a mere student we are dealing with, whose master has taught her well. I suppose after my latest critique on her arguments that have been illustrated previously, the same in which she used up whatever brain cells she had in her, it is expected that the master would re-appear to gallantly defend his prized student.
Sigh, it is somewhat like playing chess. All these calculated moves ought to make Lenin shift in his mauseoleum.
Whilst I am unskilled in warfare, I am very aware that hate is damaging to one's soul. I will not allow my conscience and my existence to be eaten up by hate. So even though I predict that "things are going to get messy", I have made up my mind to keep my cool and remain impersonal. In their rush to attain power and whatever it is they suspect I have, they have blinded themselves to the fact that I have nothing but hard work and trust-based relationships.
I am beginning to see what God means by the weak shall overcome the strong and that the mighty is not necessarily the victor. It is God's favour that is important, and not who or what you are.
Damn it, I am becoming a theologian. Someone please shoot me before I become even more like my dad.
- 8 November 2006 12:13pm -
No comments:
Post a Comment